40 Calls To Police From Prince's Paisley Park Estate
Authorities and emergency responders were called to musician Prince's suburban Minneapolis home over the past five years for everything from mundane reports of tripped fire alarms to more serious medical calls.
Data released by Minnesota authorities on Tuesday provide new details about more than 40 calls for service involving Prince's Paisley Park complex.
In one call on June 20, 2011, a woman from Germany claimed Prince had told her a year earlier that he had a cocaine habit that he couldn't control and that he had advised her to report it.
According to the log, it appears authorities didn't respond, telling dispatchers to call the woman back and tell her that her information was a year old and didn't specify that Prince was in immediate danger.
The woman's identifying information was blacked out of the log.
A message seeking comment from Prince's representative wasn't immediately returned on Tuesday.
Several people who have known Prince over the years have said they never saw him use drugs.
Prince was 57 when he died on April 21 at Paisley Park.
His cause of death hasn't been released.
Via: Flashback Saturday
A law enforcement official has told the AP that investigators are looking into whether Prince died from an overdose and whether a doctor was prescribing him drugs in the weeks beforehand.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorised to speak to the media.
Some details about prior calls to Prince's address were released last week.
The information released on Tuesday provides some new detail about calls that did not generate police reports.
- On October 23, 2013, paramedics were called to a report of a 53-year-old man who was apparently dehydrated. That man was taken to a local hospital. The man's name isn't listed; Prince would have been 55 years old at the time. When a hospital spokeswoman was asked Tuesday whether Prince was treated on or near that date, she said the hospital can't provide information on any patients due to privacy laws.
- On February 12, 2014, a woman called saying that, since 2009, she had been receiving phone calls from a man who identified himself as Prince. She said the calls started after she listened to a Prince record and heard private information that only she could hear. Police advised her to tell the person who was calling her to stop.
There are also claims that Prince has at least one living son.
On January 26, 2015, one caller asked that a message be delivered to Prince about a mutual son who was having open heart surgery.
Sheriff's deputies said they wouldn't relay messages to Prince. On April 21, the day Prince died, a woman called saying she had a 17-year-old son with Prince, and wanted him to attend the funeral.
Prince has no known surviving children.