Stars still supporting Shane Warne charity
Shane Warne and Brendan Fevola are still going to support the Shane Warne Foundation if they win I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here despite its closure.
The two former sportsmen are in the African jungle filming the Network Ten reality TV show, and if either of them win the competition they will donate the $100,000 prizemoney to the foundation.
Last week, the foundation announced it was ceasing its operations after Consumer Affairs Victoria had ordered an independent audit of the foundation because it failed to lodge key financial documents.
"The Shane Warne Foundation officially announces it is ceasing operations and has begun the process of closing the foundation," a Facebook post from Warne said on Friday.
The foundation's final accounts will be audited before March 18, where the charity expects to hand over their last "substantial cheque".
Network Ten said Warne and Fevola will continue to support the charity before its closure.
"The Shane Warne Foundation is still operating and doesn't close until March 18," Ten spokeswoman Kirsty Wilson told AAP.
"Both Brendan and Shane will continue to represent The Shane Warne Foundation."
Speaking from Africa on Monday, Warne denied allegations of misappropriating the foundation's funds.
"Closing the foundation, has been a really tough thing to do," he said on radio station Nova 969's Fitzy & Wippa show.
"We have never ever done anything inappropriate or untoward at the foundation, never, ever received one cent, nothing like that," Warne said.
"And this notion that we just threw parties for our friends, I mean, it's just ridiculous. Yes, I'm very hurt about it, because we haven't done anything wrong."
Warne has previously rejected claims the charity passes on just 16 cents in every dollar raised for its nominated charities.
The foundation was launched in 2004 with the stated aim of enriching the lives of seriously ill and underprivileged children and teenagers in Australia.
It hopes to have distributed over $4 million dollars before the close date.
I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here is set to wrap filming in approximately six weeks.