Target Recalls Easter Eggs Over Allergy Fears
Target has had to issue a nationwide recall of some of their chocolate Easter bunny products after NSW Food Authorities found the presence of undeclared nut allergens. The recall comes just two weeks before Easter.
The products have been available at Target and Target Country and were found to have tree nuts and peanuts that can cause anaphylactic reactions in people with these allergies, which can have severe results.
The recalled product batches are:
- Target Milk Chocolate Bunny, in 900g, 500g, 200g or 100g sizes
- Target Dark Chocolate Bunny, 100g
- Target White Chocolate Bunny, in 500g or 100g sizes
- Target Milk Chocolate Duck, 250g
- Klett Easter Cone Mixed Bag of Chocolates, 400g
- Klett Milk Chocolate Sitting Bunny, 150g
Purchasers have been told they can return the products to the place of purchase for a refund.
Source: NSW Food Authority