VEHICLE FIRE IN GORDON
By Katarina Slavich
Police have released footage of a vehicle fire in Gordon on Saturday night.
It shows a burning ute parked on a slope near the roundabout of Jim Pike Avenue and Knoke Avenue, with jerry cans in the back.
Police, with the help of residents, created a 50 metre evacuation zone, as the flames reached more than 5 metres in height.
It's believed the blaze caused the hand-break cable to malfunction, which saw the ute roll down the hill before it hit a unit, which set it on fire.
The fire was quickly put out and deemed non-suspicious.
No was injured during the incident.
Watch the footage here:
pic source= Canberra Times