Iced Eggnog Recipe
All this week 4KQ newsreader and baking extraordinaire, Jo Hayes, is sharing with us some of her favourite recipes from around the net.
Today, it's a White Christmas Slice recipe from taste.com.au that has our mouths watering...
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
2 cinnamon quills
3/4 cup (185ml) milk
100ml each brandy, rum and sherry
Ground or freshly grated nutmeg, to dust
- Place sugar and cinnamon quill in a saucepan with 1/2 cup (125ml) of cold water.
- Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer for 1 minute then remove and cool.
- Combine 100ml of the syrup in a blender with eggs, cream, milk and alcohol.
- Pour into cocktail glasses over ice and serve dusted with nutmeg.
Find out more about this recipe at taste.com.au.