Incredible Brownie Cookies with Salted Caramel Creme Filling
A soft chewy brownie-cookie taken to the next level with a salted caramel creme filling, yum!
If you're a brownie fan you're guaranteed to love these sandwich cookies.
Thanks to Bakers Royale for this delicious recipe!
The recipe makes 24 one-inch sandwich cookies.
Preparation: Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a tray with baking paper.
- 12 oz. chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder, sifted
Salted Caramel Creme Filling
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salted
- 1/4 cup caramel
To make brownie cookies:
- Place 7oz. of the chocolate and the butter in a saucepan over low heat and gently stir until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and beat for 15 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add in flour, baking powder, melted chocolate mixture, remaining 5 oz. of chocolate and mix to combine. Set aside to to stand for 10 minutes. Spoon a little under a 1 tablespoonful of the mixture, onto parchment lined bake sheet. Bake for about 8–10 minutes or until puffed and cracked. Allow to cool completely on trays.
To make caramel creme filling:
- Place butter in a bowl and beat until creamed. Add in confectioner sugar and salt and beat until light combined. Add in caramel and beat until combined.
- Spread a tablespoon and a half of caramel creme on underside of one brownie cookie and place a second brownie cookie bottom side down on top frosting.
Source: Bakers Royale