Australia’s Most Expensive Suburbs of 2015 Revealed!
2015 has been an expensive year in Real Estate for Australia.
The majority of the homes are owned by elite businessmen, sportspeople and celebrities.. but you'll be shocked with how much you'll need to live there.
Most of the suburbs are within Sydney and Melbourne, both which feature in the top ten list of the world's most liveable cities.
The average house price for Australia's eight capital cities rose 2.3 percent, reaching $698,826.
The median price of houses in Sydney rose by 22.6 percent over the year to breach the $1 million mark, which is the highest nationally and almost three times the median price for Hobart.
The Monocle magazine ranks Sydney as the seventh most expensive city in the world to buy a home, beating Paris and Tokyo, while Melbourne takes 18th spot.
Here are the top ten most expensive suburbs and their median prices in Australia according to realestate.com.au.
- Darling Point, NSW - $5,651,000
2. Box Hill, NSW - $3,953,500
3. Bellevue Hill, NSW - $3,950,000
4. Vaucluse, NSW - $3,675,000
5. Toorak, VIC - $3,400,000
6. Tamarama, NSW - $3,250,000
7. Double Bay, NSW - $3,175,000
8. Dover Heights, NSW - $3,100,100
9. McMahons Point, NSW - $3,051,000
10. Longueville, NSW - $2,960,000