Mix 106.3
Canberra's Greatest Hits

Now Playing:

Listen on

Recalls On These WASHING Machines Have Been RE-ISSUED

Samsung have advised all customers to check their washing machine codings after a 95-year-old Sydney woman was rescued from her home on Sunday.

A fire broke out in her home after her washing machine set alight and burnt itself out, neighbours were only aware of the issue because the fire alarm sounded.

Samsung have since reminded all customers that they must check their washing machines if purchased between 2010 and 2013.

The machines affected have an issue with moisture penetrating the electrical connectors, which is a fire hazard.

The affected batch of washing machines are all top loaders and customers are advised to call Samsung on 1800 239 655 immediately if they have the following product codes;

It is advised that customers contact Samsung sooner rather than later.

Share this: