Canberra has recorded an additional 12 positive cases of COVID-19 today. Of these, 6 were in the community while infectious and 2 have no current links to active cases or exposure sites. There are 12 currently in hospital and 3 in ICU. Of those known to ACT Health, there has been growth from the Fiction Nightclub, Bright Bees Early Learning Centre and Mirchi Indian Cuisine exposure sites.
When asked about the lockdown extension, Minister Barr mentioned that Canberrans would likely find out tomorrow.
Across the region, there are 191 current exposure sites.
ACT Policing and Access Canberra have been busy during the past 24 hours. They have performed 284 traffic stops, with 5 directions to leave the Territory. Access Canberra has performed 133 business compliance checks with feedback being positive.
Stats for the Day:
- 12 positive cases
- 6 were in the community while infectious
- 2 with no known links to current transmission sites
- 6 linked to known clusters and are household contacts
- 12 currently in hospital with 3 in ICU
- 11 are unvaccinated and 1 had had a single dose
- 236 active cases in the ACT
To keep updated with the exposure sites, visit the COVID-19 ACT Health website.
Listen to today’s news update: