Just one new close contact exposure site has been identified in the latest update to the ACT’s list overnight.
Customers at the KFC store in Fyshwick last Thursday, 12 August, between 11:15am and 12:50pm are now considered close contacts of a COVID-19 case.
Additional casual contact sites were also added to the list which you can find online here.
The seemingly positive news comes on the same day as testing capacity is also increased across the ACT.
The Erindale Leisure Centre testing clinic opens to the public on Friday after being used as a priority surge testing site.
The Gold Creek pop-up site is also to the public on Friday but health authorities warn both surge sites may revert back to priority only testing should the need arise.
Where to get tested in the ACT:
- Gold Creek COVID-19 Testing site, Gold Creek School – open 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Erindale Surge Testing site, Erindale Active Leisure Centre – open 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Drive Through COVID-19 Testing at Exhibition Park in Canberra (EPIC) – open 8:00am until late
- Drive Through COVID-19 Testing Clinic at Brindabella Business Park in the Canberra Airport – open 8:00am until late.
- Drive Through COVID-19 Testing at Kambah – open 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Weston Creek Walk-in Centre COVID-19 Testing Clinic – open 7:30am to 10:00pm
- Winnunga Nimmityjah Respiratory Clinic – open 9:30am to 4:30pm (you need to call ahead)