The Chief Health Officer has just announced the easing of face masks requirements in the ACT. The changes come into effect from 6:00pm on Friday 25th of February, 2022.
Face masks will only be requird to be worn in high risk indoor settings. This includes:
- On public transport, including buses, light rail, taxis, rideshare and demand response vehicles. Drivers of these vehicles must wear a mask when transporting passengers
- An employee or visitor in a high-risk setting, including hospitals, residential aged care facilities, correctional facilities or residential accommodation facilities
- A worker who provides services to a person with a disability
- A worker for in-home and community aged care providers
- A staff member or visitor in all indoor spaces at a school or early childhood education and care setting. Students in years 7 to 12 are also required to wear a face mask while in an indoor space at school
- Inside the Canberra Airport terminal or on a domestic flight in or out of Canberra Airport.
The changes announced today now put the ACT in line with NSW and Victoria.
Hear our latest news update below: