Friday, 26th August 2022.
- The ACT Greens and Liberals have come together to pressure the government to ‘get on’ with the construction of the Light rail to Woden.
- ACT Shadow Minister for Housing Mark Parton is concerned that the Government’s proposed rental reforms will lead to a mass exit of landlords from the market.
- The largest recorded seizure of Illicit drugs has been made in Sydney. The police uncovered over 1,800 kilos with an estimated value of $1.6 Billion.
- The Russian occupied nuclear plant in Ukraine has been briefly disconnected from the grid, after nearby fires damaged overhead electricity lines.
- New research has found that 31,000 workers are off everyday due to long covid.
- CEO of ACT Council of Social Service, Dr. Emma Campbell says that the Robodebt Royal Commission is important to giving victims answers.
- More businesses are opening in ACT than ever before, with new ABS numbers showing 2,500 more businesses were created here in the last financial year.
- Snickers has made their chocolates six grams smaller due to unprecedented cost pressures
- It’s international Dog day! The most popular bread in Australia is the Cavoodle.
Listen to all those details and more here:
You can stay up to date with all the latest news throughout the day, wherever you get your podcasts or by selecting ‘Mix Canberra News’ on your smart speaker.
While you’re here, listen to all of today’s Sports News below: