Thursday, 18th August 2022.
- The Governor General has released a statement, saying he had no reason to think that Scott Morrison’s additional appointments weren’t communicated to cabinet ministers.
- The site of a new Russian Embassy in Yarralumla has been shut down after Russia didn’t finish the project within the agreed three year timeframe.
- There are fears that school children are being radicalised, after the Home Affairs minister alleged that kids were being shown beheading videos in the playground.
- It now costs more to retire – a new report has found that it’s increased more than inflation, with average couples needing $67,000 a year to afford it.
- ACT Minister for City Services, Chris Steel says that he’s all for the phase-out of plastic fruit and veggie bags in ACT Coles starting next month.
- A Googong man has been arrested, after 300 cannabis plants, hydroponic equipment and $20,000 cash was found.
- A 21-year-old New Zealander has broken almost all her bones after falling 24 meters while climbing Yosemite National Park.
- Jackie French’s Dairy Of a Wombat turns 20 today, she’ll be at the Mint where a commemorative coin is being issued in celebration.
- A Canadian Politician got more than he bargained for at a press conference, accidentally swallowing a bee.
Listen to the latest news here:
You can stay up to date with all the latest news throughout the day, wherever you get your podcasts or by selecting ‘Mix Canberra News’ on your smart speaker.
While you’re here, catch up on all of today’s Sports News: