ACT Chief Minister, Andrew Barr, has confirmed COVID-19 restrictions in the ACT will ease from tonight (Friday 18 February).
Dancing will return with density limits for hospitality venues to be scrapped.
The number of places where QR code check-ins are required will be reduced.
Advice to work from home will also change to ‘Return to work where it suits you’.
#BREAKING Dancing is back in the ACT and density limits will be removed.
Work from home advice will change to ‘return to the workplace where it suits you’.
— Lewis Haskew🎙 (@LewisHaskew) February 17, 2022
Barr confirmed the news on Mix 106.3 this morning, with full details expected to be announced during a press conference later today.
During the interview, Mr Barr also confirmed mask rules in the ACT will be wound back from next week.
Here’s the full timeline of easing restrictions in the ACT:
From 6:00pm tonight (Friday 18 February):
- All density limits that currently apply to restricted businesses and activities will be removed, and there will no longer be a requirement for businesses to display signage for capacity limits.
- The requirement for patrons to be seated while eating and drinking in hospitality and licensed venues will be removed, and dancing will be permitted.
- Ticketing and preregistration requirements for events will be removed.
- Employees can return to the workplace where it suits them and their employer.
On Monday 21 February:
- Elective surgery will resume at Calvary Public Hospital Bruce, with a gradual return to full capacity in following days. (Non-essential elective surgery ceased at Calvary Public Hospital (but not at Canberra Hospital) on January 7 due to the impact of the Omicron wave.)
From 11.59pm Monday 21 February:
- The mandatory quarantine period for unvaccinated international travellers will be reduced to seven days. Exemptions for unvaccinated travellers to enter the ACT to complete their quarantine period will continue to be required.
- The requirement for international travellers to complete an online declaration form will be removed.
- Testing requirements and restrictions on entering high-risk settings for international travellers will remain.
From 11.59pm Friday 25 February:
- There will be changes to the current requirements to wear a face mask in indoor spaces, with further details to be announced next week.
- Exemption requirements for all events will also be removed. However, events of more than 5,000 people will be asked to submit their COVID Safety Plans to ACT Health for review.
Listen to the latest news below: