Friday, 19th August 2022.
- The man responsible for making the bomb that caused the Bali Bombing in 2002 is set to be released, after serving half of his 20 year sentence.
- An EV summit will be held in Canberra today, the Climate Council wants fuel efficiency standards to be considered.
- Opposition Leader Peter Dutton says that Australians just want to put the Morrison scandal behind them.
- The national unemployment rate is still at a low, but wages aren’t keeping up, with growth recorded at 3.4% the lowest for decades.
- After 40 years of campaigning the RSPCA has succeeded in convincing the poultry industry to phase out barren battery cages.
- Uber has launched UBER HEALTH, which will give lifts to patients going to medical appointments.
- One of Canberra’s newest suburbs, Whitlam, has opened its first playground named Blue Poles.
- A new survey has found that 65% of Aussie dogs sleep on the bed and 61% of owners spend between $1-4 grand a year on their pooches.
Listen to the latest news below:
You can stay up to date with all the latest news throughout the day, wherever you get your podcasts or by selecting ‘Mix Canberra News’ on your smart speaker.
While you’re here, catch up on all of today’s Sports News: