Friday 29 July 2022
- Chief Medical Officer, Professor Paul Kelly has declared Monkeypox a matter of national significance.
- ACT Senator David Pocock has had his request for an Auslan interpreter in the Senate during his maiden speech, refused by both the Government and Opposition.
- The Treasurer is hoping that wage growth will happen, but not as fast as many hoped, he’s said it’ll most likely happen in 2023-24.
- Domestic Violence Crisis Services have welcomed the new paid domestic violence leave program, introduced by Government yesterday.
- A NSW man is facing charges after killing his mother, he reportedly bludgeoning her with a pot plant.
- The ABS has released new crime statistics which show we’ve had the highest number of sexual assault cases since the data started being recorded, almost 30 years ago.
- Neighbours wrapped up last night, with many Aussie stars returning to the show they started on, including Margot Robbie, Kylie Minogue and Delta Goodrem.
Listen to all those details and more below:
You can stay up to date with all the latest news throughout the day, wherever you get your podcasts or by asking your smart speaker to “Play Mix Canberra News”.
While you’re here, catch up on today’s Sports News: