Tuesday, 4 October 2022
- The extent of the Optus hack may be less than initially thought, it’s now been confirmed that 1.2 million customers have had their information comprised.
- Bruce Lehrman, the man accused of sexually assaulting Brittnay Higgins will face court today, in a trial expected to take 7 weeks.
- JetStar has issued an apology for delays and cancellations in the past month, including to those who became stranded in Bali last month.
- A new healthcare fund called the Health Workforce Wellbeing and Recovery Fund has been launched, which will provide healthcare workers the opportunity to purpose their own initiatives.
- It’s expected that rates will rise again today after the RBA meets. Currently, a 0.50% increase would see repayments of a $500,000 loan would increase by $148 in repayments.
- Double Demerits have wrapped up, with at least 5 motorists caught breaking the law in The ACT, paying $6,000 in fines among them.
Get those details and more in the update below
While you’re here, check out the latest sport news headlines