Tuesday 12 July 2022
- COVID numbers in the ACT could peak at 3,000 a day as new variants increase the virus’ spread within the community.
- As a result, the reinfection exemption period in the ACT has today been reduced down to 28 days after you’ve had the virus, down from the previous 12 weeks.
- The Prime Minister is set to declare Australia as a ‘superpower’ in the clean energy world at a speech in Sydney today.
- New measures have begun rolling out to protect Aussies from scam SMS texts.
- Campaigners are pushing for Australia’s paid parental leave to be extended to a full 12 month of paid time off.
- Earth’s population is expected to tick over the 8 billion mark by the end of the year.
- Neighbours fans have been given their first sneak peak at the return of Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan on set at Ramsay Street, ahead of the show’s finale.
- Charlie has been declared the most popular cat name in the ACT, following the introduction of new cat registry laws at the start of the month.
Listen to all those details and more below:
You can stay up to date with all the latest news throughout the day, wherever you get your podcasts or by asking your smart speaker to “Play Mix Canberra News”.