Heavy rain in Canberra on Thursday has caused the entrance sign at the National Convention Centre to catch alight.
In a video posted to social media on Thursday morning, the sign can be seen blackened from smoke and melting away.
Initial reports suggested it may have been struck by lightening.
However, it turns out rain had made its way into the inner workings of the electrical sign sparking a small fire.
It comes as strong winds and heavy rain continue to lash the Canberra region on Thursday with the Bureau of Meteorology expecting up to 90mm of rain to fall in some parts of the Territory.
Listen to the latest news below: