Thursday 4 August 2022
- We’re in for some wild weather today, with up to 90 millimeters of rain expected to fall across parts of the ACT.
- The PM will meet with state and territory leaders at a national cabinet meeting today with monkeypox set to be high on the agenda.
- Women in the ACT will be able to access free abortions up to 16 weeks from early next year.
- The bill to overturn the ban on Australian territories from legislating on assisted dying is now heading to the Senate after passing the House of Reps yesterday
- The Ukrainian President, Volodymyr Zelensky spoke to students across 21 Australian Universities, saying he wants China to join side with US and Australia in condemning the invasion
- The Great Barrier Reef has recorded the highest level of coral coverage since records began 36 years ago.
- An American Grandma has taken out a world record for the longest nails, measuring 13.6 meters.
Listen to all those details and more below:
You can stay up to date with all the latest news throughout the day, wherever you get your podcasts or by asking your smart speaker to “Play Mix Canberra News”.
While you’re here, check out all of today’s Sports News as well: