For anyone who’s driven down Flemington Road in Gungahlin recently, it’s almost guaranteed you’ve spotted the house with the big spooky pumpkin out the front.
Dubbed the ‘Nightmare on Flemington‘, the annual display is one of a few houses across the Nation’s Capital that have become famous for getting into the spirit of Halloween.
Cristina Garcia, who lives inside the ‘Nightmare’, is married to an American and says it’s her husband’s favourite time of year.
“We do it because it puts a smile on everyone’s face and we love that.”
Now in it’s fourth year, the display has taken on a pumpkin patch theme this spooky season as it prepares to welcome trick or treater on Monday night.
The display, this year also raising money for a an important cause.
“My husband’s brother passed away this year to suicide so we will be taking donations for Beyond Blue for anyone who wants to bring a gold coin.”
However, it’s not the only place getting right into Halloween this year, check out a full list of decorated houses and trick or treat locations below:
- Flemington Road, Harrison
- Courtneidge Street, Dunlop
- Freda Bennett Circuit, Nicholls
- Corner of Hodges and Pennefather Streets, Higgins
- Postle Circuit, Holt
- Huelin Circuit, Flynn
- Spica Street, Giralang
- Samford Place, Kaleen
- Fitzhardinge Crescent, Evatt
- Thornhill Crescent, Dunlop
- Buderim Place, Palmerston
- Jill Landsberg Terrace, Strathnairn
- Allnutt Crescent, Forde
- Bunduluk Crescent, Ngunnawal
Ammon Place in Kambah has been dubbed Canberra’s spookiest street tap here to see the street’s display.
- Ammon Place, Kambah
- Osmand Street, Wanniassa
- Allitt Place, Banks
- Sternberg Crescent, Wanniassa
- Cardell Place, Richardson
- Stacy Street, Gowrie
- Sawicki Place, Gordon
- Popplewell Place, Gordon
- Springbett Street, Kambah
- Aronson Crescent, Gilmore
- Tyner Street, Calwell
- Kibby Place, Gowrie
- Evergood Close, Weston
- Dalyell Street, Chisholm
- Zeitz Court, Banks
- Cromwell Circuit, Isabella Plains
- Jarrahdale Street, Fisher
- Maclaurin Crescent, Chifley
Cristina spoke with the Mix Breakfast show about the Flemington Road display, take a listen below:
While you’re here, check out the latest from the Mix106.3 newsroom and subscribe to the podcast by clicking here.